Title: Commercial Specialist
Works with sale staff and customers to define commercial product needs and provide seamless delivery of services. Supports sales staff in the design, application and sales solutions for commercial projects. Communicates directly with HVAC customers in response to complex commercial needs.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for plan & specification, mechanical drawing take-off, design-build, replacement RTU and commercial split systems for seamless quotes for the mechanical contractor or end user.
2. Coordinate design efforts with mechanical engineers and other HVAC contractors to fulfill their require scope of work.
3. Enter and update all quotes, submittals, customer orders in Commercial Job Files and internal system.
4. Coordinate with the bidding customers and their Territory Manager for order entry, job status follow-up and shipping requirements.
5. Outsource quoting of specialty items not found in within Virginia Air’s immediate product offering
6. Coordination of logistics; work as a liaison between the factory and the branch.
7. Assist customers and Virginia Air’s Technical Service Team with commercial based questions on York and Non-York applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Excellent customer service skills.
2. Thorough knowledge and understanding of Commercial HVAC terminology and related products.
3. Strong problem-solving and analysis skills.
4. Ability to provide direction and support to others
5. Familiarity with MS Window software or NxTrend systems.
6. Ability to interface with multiple customer base - dealers and consumer - for resolving problems
7. Ability to meet deadlines
1. Office environment using office related computer equipment. Occasional work off-site visiting with dealers.
2. Frequently required to stand, walk and sit, bend, kneel or climb.
3. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
1. Five to seven years of related experience in HVAC industry.
2. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience with Technical/Trade school or equivalent combination of education and experience
Reports To: Branch Manager